GINGER- LEMON INFUSION
Ginger ( Zingiber officinale ) has been used in Indian kitchen for more that four thousand years. Every time you have a common cold or sore throat, first line of remedy in our home is a strongly flavoured ginger tea. It’s now that scientists have been able to prove anti- inflammatory and immune booster property of ginger. The effective chemical is  -gingerol. This chemical speicificaaly kills Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes.
NAUSEA and vomiting ae the most disturbing side effects of chemotherapy. It creates a paradoxical situation in the body. The requirement are steep and intake is limited or rather inhibited due to NAUSEA. . NAUSEA can begin as soon as medicines are injected. Though there has been considerable advancement in the field of antiemetic medicine ginger has proven effects as an anti emetic property.
It has shown benefits in reliving acute nausea i.e. nausea with first 24-hours. Actually for noticeable effects take 0.5-1 mg of ginger three to four times a day. Ginger can be taken in various forms-
- Ginger tea- add grated ginger fragments to your tea and SIMMER TO OOZE OUT THE EXTRACTS.
- Infused water- add grated ginger, lemon and twigs of mint leaves, refrigerate overnight and then consume in 24 hour.
- Ginger candies.
- Curries , salads and vegetables- Add finely grated giner fragments. Thepunget toxic taste of ginger nott only relieve nausea but also offer best health benefits when consumed uncooked.
- Pickle- To thin diced ginger add copious amount of lemon and refrigerate and keep eating like a mouth freshner.
n a study published in the Journal of Supportive Care of Cancer, researchers compared the effects of various doses ginger supplements on 744 cancer patients. The study found that between 0.5 and 1mg of ginger:
But there are a number of studies that show that ginger actually contains a compound that kills cancer cells! The compound is called 6-Shogaol. There is more and more research about this compound for cancer. In one recent study for example, researchers found:
- You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.–Christopher Robin
- We can boost our immune systems by strengthening our social networks and decreasing stress.–Jane McGonigal
- I believe dancing is the best stress reliever.–Dylan Lauren
- Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.–Paulo Coelho